About Our Practice
Through the wisdom of Japanese and Chinese medicine, registered acupuncturist Sarah Smith empowers you to take charge of your own health and your own life. With this embodied wellness, you can better create the life you desire for yourself and for your larger community. Summit Acupuncture was founded by Sarah in 2017 in Duncan, BC, unceded Quw'utsun Nation territory.
SUMMIT ACUPUNCTURE'S COVID-19 PATIENT/ PRACTITIONER CLINIC SAFTEY PROCEDURES
NOTE: I won’t be giving hugs or shaking hands with patients, but I WILL be SMILING BIG beneath my mask and glasses to see you :)
1. Patients are to arrive on time, and wait outside the front door located beside the Waldorf Book Store. I will come down to greet you at your scheduled appointment time. This is to avoid overlap with anyone other than the practitioner. If you are early or it is raining, please wait in your car.
2. I will open and close all doors and I will ask that you please use the available hand sanitizer or proceed to the washroom and wash your hands upon arrival.
3. A clean surface will be inside for your essential items but I ask that you keep what you bring into clinic minimal. Personal water bottles are recommended.
4. Only one patient is permitted at a time in the clinic unless you are a parent/guardian/nursing mother. This is to create safe space to the best of our abilities for those who are themselves, or who are living with someone, of the vulnerable sector. The patient interaction is to be a maximum of 60 minutes and 20-30 minutes will be allocated between patients for sanitization procedures.
5. All patients are encouraged to bring their own face masks. Otherwise face masks are available at cost for purchase in the clinic.
6. New consent forms will be required to receive service. You will receive the first via email once you have booked in for your appointment.
7. On the day of appointments, before arriving at the clinic, patients are required to use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en.
We will also be completing our own assessment when you arrive.
8. Payments are to be made at the start of session with our touchless payment option with debit/credit or e-transfers.
*Please note on our website that our fees have been adjusted.
Practitioner / Clinic Procedures:
1. I will be conducting assessments of patients at the start of each visit to screen for indication of infection.
2. High touch areas, patient belongings zone and treatment surfaces will be sanitized with hospital grade bleach solution and Viper Disinfectant between each session.
3. The clinic room will get a deep clean at the end of clinic each day and the entire Sol-Center will have a deep clean 3 times a week by management.
4. I will be maintaining proper and diligent hand hygiene throughout treatments and in between patients.
5. I will provide each patient with the same level of attention and care as always, but my face will be behind my PPE equipment which will be consisting of a face mask and protective eye goggles at all times.
Gentle yet powerful, Sarah's treatments are based in the teachings of Kiiko Matsumoto Style (KMS) acupuncture.
This style of Acupuncture Benefits:
~ Pain Management
~ Digestive Disorders & Allergies
~ Stress Management
~ Hormonal Imbalances
~ Exhaustion & Mental Health
"Our bodies are an orderly confusion of nature."